AppTapp is the team behind AppTapp Installer 5, a lightweight, fast and easy to use package manager built specifically for iOS. This is one of the best Cydia alternatives for jailbroken iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Install Installer 5 Package Manager for iOS 13 - iOS 9 from Cydia Repository.
What is Installer 5?
Installer.app is one of the most advanced Package Managers for iOS packed with more than 100 features and over 8192 options to configure the interface. Installer 5 allows you to add multiple repositories at once from the clipboard, use OLED dark mode, and show trending packages.
The Package Manager offers a built-in option to force authentication by TouchID, FaceID or passcode for performing important operations, create a snapshot at the first launch, hide package versions, rate package in stars and comments for usefulness, or share a package with friends.
When you will use a free account you can also create Wishlist for packages (synced to your account if logged in), and backup repositories and installed packages. See repository changes with new packages, display conflicts before you install in packages, show repository name on packages, etc.
Installer 5 can also display the number of packages in the repository, list of installed files for a package, search through a large database of repositories, follow a developer, and even restore your repositories and queue the installed packages from your backup with one tap.
AppTapp Installer 5 automatically detects when a respring, or running uicache is needed, displays changelog for most packages, tweak compatible indicators on most packages, other packages by the same developer, supports all repositories and Sileo depiction UI and payment.
Moreover, the app uses a very modern database, which is a lot faster than the default SQLite. Using our own download manager results in a great speed for refreshing repositories. Pull in the manage tab to refresh all installed repositories. Not reliant on APT or dpkg.
In case you are on a limited data connection, you can disable fetching icons from Installer 5.
Quickly import your Cydia/Sileo/Zebra sources from the manage tab. AppTapp Installer is compatible with RootlessJB Jailbreak. This feature isn't completely finished, however, it's currently in active development. When done, Installer will be able to install most packages on RootlessJB normally.
Other AppTapp Installer 5 Package Manager features include the option to separate new releases and packages that have received an update, display packages from the same developer at the bottom of the package details (different sources). Installer 5 can add automatically a new source repository.
Installer 5 Repo
You are just a few steps from installing the tweak from Cydia Sources. To add Installer 5 Repository to your list of Cydia Sources follow our step-by-step guide.
Step 1. Open the Cydia app on your device.
Step 2. Tap Sources → Edit → Add the official AppTapp Repo.
Step 3. Switch to Search Tab and enter Installer 5.
Step 4. Tap the Install button.
- Added more checks against maintainer variables to avoid false followed developers alerts
- Added option to rehook url schemes if reset by the system
- Added optional URL Scheme handling
- Added settings to choose active url schemes
- Added support for showing updated packages count on the application badge
- Added ‘Follow repositories’ feature. You can now follow your favorite repositories and be notified when they release a new package.
- Improved performance and style of Banners
- Improved performance of HTML scraped depictions
- Improved performance of Sileo depictions
- Improved style of HTML scraped depictions
- Improved style of Sileo depictions
- Improved titles and subtitles spacing in depiction description
- This is a small update that fixes an issue with certain stores and purchased packages not showing up.
Version 5 RC 3-2
- Added log pruning to prevent the log file from growing too big
- Fixed an issue where cy+ packages could show up in 'Updated Packages'
- Fixed an issue where Cydia specific packages could show in 'Updated Packages' when no update was available
- Fixed an issue wherein niche cases installer would not see a package as being installed
- Fixed an issue where installer could be reset on every launch due to database migration
- Fixed an issue where installers log file would not exist on first launch, the log is now located in "/var/mobile/Library/Logs/me.apptapp.installer/installer.log"
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a task to run forever in the event of an unhandled network error. the task will now fail and log an error
- Refined the installed packages parser to ensure no virtual packages are shown