Zebra Package Manager for iOS 12kuba - Sunday, 8 September 2019
Zebra is a basic package manager that offers all features you need to download and install your favorite jailbreak apps and tweaks from repositories. It is pretty fast and it was designed to work on iOS 8 up to iOS 12. Zebra can be installed for free from the official Cydia Repository.
Zebra Package Manager is a great Cydia alternative app available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. You can add new sources, view available packages and upgrades, add tweaks to wishlist, manage stores, and search for apps and tweaks. With every next release, the app offers much more features to enjoy.
Zebra is completely open source and located on GitHub. This source can be added to Cydia on your iPhone or iPad and it is included by default with Zebra to provide future updates. Zebra also contains support for paid packages using the Sileo API and recognizes repositories with app stores.
Managing sources was never easier. The package manager offers an option to add one repository a time, or multiple from a text list. This will definitely speed up setting up the app. Moreover, there is also an option to import Cydia Sources with one click to Zebra Package Manager app.
Zebra is available in dark and normal mode. From Settings, you can switch tint color (blue, orange, white), change the app icon, select the dark mode (default, OLED, iOS 13), and clear image and keychain cache. The Home Page can also display jailbreak news and list of featured packages.
How to install Zebra
You are just a few steps from installing the tweak from Cydia Sources. To add Zebra Repository to your list of Cydia Sources follow our step-by-step guide.
Step 1. Open the Cydia app on your device.
Step 2. Tap Sources → Edit → Add the official https://xtm3x.github.io/repo.
Step 3. Switch to Search Tab and enter Zebra.
Step 4. Tap the Install button.
Or download Zebra IPA file and sign it using Cydia Impactor (Windows, Linux, Mac) and sideload the app. We provide a full step-by-step guide on How to use Cydia Impactor to install IPA files on iOS.
Step 1. Download Cydia Impactor, and unzip the file.
Step 2. Download Zebra.IPA (5 MB).
Step 3. Open Cydia Impactor and navigate to Device → Install Package.
Step 4. Select Zebra.ipa version 1.0 beta 18 file to install.
Step 6. Enter your AppleID and app-specific password to sign apps not provided by Apple.
Step 7. Add the certificate to trusted from Settings → General → Device Management.
Version 1.0 beta 22
- Fixed layout issue in the Console
- Fixed a crash when 3D Touching a news cell (again)
- Fixed an issue where you would not be able to see swipe actions if using dark mode and white tint
- Fixed an issue where repos wouldn't display their names and icons properly
- Fixed an issue where BigBoss/ModMyI/ZodTTD could not be added to Zebra
- Fixed an issue where BigBoss/ModMyI/ZodTTD would duplicate on every refresh
- Fixed an issue where paid packages from Dynastic could not be downloaded
Version 1.0 beta 21
- Option to turn off "live search" for older devices
- New Queue UI
- Improved overall reliability
- Fixed an issue where BigBoss, ModMyI, and ZodTTD would not be imported from Cydia or Sileo.
- Fixed an issue where Zebra wouldn't always be able to match downloaded filenames to their respective packages
- Fixed an issue where the "Add to Wishlist" option was not showing up in the package depiction page
- Fixed 3D Touch for News links in the changes tab
- Fixed an issue where BigBoss, ModMyI, and ZodTTD could not be added in multi-source mode with another non-distribution repo
Version 1.0 beta 19
- Fixed possible crash when queuing many packages
- Fixed positioning issue for Queue status label in package cells
- Fixed packages not being removed due to their dependencies being removed
- Fixed package actions displayed as icons in action sheets, where they should have been texts
- Fixed Packages page not being refreshed sometimes
- Fixed 3D touch being triggered from cells that are not packages
- Fixed package installed version always being "0.0"
- Fixed possible crashes when internet connection is poor or offline
- Fixed error messages not being cleared from Refresh Sources window
- Fixed position of "Close" button in Console going off-screen
- Fixed crashes due to faulty version requirement specification for some packages. CallBar XS (iOS 12), for example
- Fixed Zebra crashing during upgrade (and ask the user to close Zebra instead). Only works for Zebra beta 19 and higher
- Improved download handling, preventing Console hang when neither of packages can be downloaded
- Featured packages now show only not-installed packages
- Package sorting type now persists across app launches
- Sources refresh can now be cancelled (as long as it hasn't reached critical database operations)
- Clear recent searches with a button
- Tapping on a recent search keyword will now trigger a full search instead of a quick search
Version 1.0 beta 18
- Zebra now asks users to log out and log in the account used to purchase a package that may crash the app due to incomplete data if they try to install it
- Zebra now recognizes Pre-Depends field
- Fixed another possible crash when refreshing sources
- Fixed sbreload doesn't work in some cases by running it as root
- Corrected order of packages removal (with dependencies)
- Search query now applies to package's short description (full search mode)
- Include repo URL in Console if there is a problem refreshing the repo (timed out, offline, etc.)
- Display package actions as icon or text in Settings
- New randomly featured packages on homepage based on the repos you have added
- New news features (grabbed from releases on reddit) in the changes tab