Zebra Package Manager for iOS 12kuba - Thursday, 9 May 2019
Zebra is a basic package manager that offers all features you need to download and install your favorite jailbreak apps and tweaks from repositories. It is pretty fast and it was designed to work on iOS 8 up to iOS 12. Zebra can be installed for free from the official Cydia Repository.
Zebra Package Manager is a great Cydia alternative app available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. You can add new sources, view available packages and upgrades, add tweaks to wishlist, manage stores, and search for apps and tweaks. With every next release, the app offers much more features to enjoy.
Zebra is completely open source and located on GitHub. This source can be added to Cydia on your iPhone or iPad and it is included by default with Zebra to provide future updates. Zebra also contains support for paid packages using the Sileo API and recognizes repositories with app stores.
Managing sources was never easier. The package manager offers an option to add one repository a time, or multiple from a text list. This will definitely speed up setting up the app. Moreover, there is also an option to import Cydia Sources with one click to Zebra Package Manager app.
Zebra is available in dark and normal mode. From Settings, you can switch tint color (blue, orange, white), change the app icon, select the dark mode (default, OLED, iOS 13), and clear image and keychain cache. The Home Page can also display jailbreak news and list of featured packages.
How to install Zebra
You are just a few steps from installing the tweak from Cydia Sources. To add Zebra Repository to your list of Cydia Sources follow our step-by-step guide.
Step 1. Open the Cydia app on your device.
Step 2. Tap Sources → Edit → Add the official https://xtm3x.github.io/repo.
Step 3. Switch to Search Tab and enter Zebra.
Step 4. Tap the Install button.
Or download Zebra IPA file and sign it using Cydia Impactor (Windows, Linux, Mac) and sideload the app. We provide a full step-by-step guide on How to use Cydia Impactor to install IPA files on iOS.
Step 1. Download Cydia Impactor, and unzip the file.
Step 2. Download Zebra.IPA (5 MB).
Step 3. Open Cydia Impactor and navigate to Device → Install Package.
Step 4. Select Zebra.ipa version 1.0 beta 18 file to install.
Step 6. Enter your AppleID and app-specific password to sign apps not provided by Apple.
Step 7. Add the certificate to trusted from Settings → General → Device Management.
Version 1.0 beta 18
- Zebra now asks users to log out and log in the account used to purchase a package that may crash the app due to incomplete data if they try to install it
- Zebra now recognizes Pre-Depends field
- Fixed another possible crash when refreshing sources
- Fixed sbreload doesn't work in some cases by running it as root
- Corrected order of packages removal (with dependencies)
- Search query now applies to package's short description (full search mode)
- Include repo URL in Console if there is a problem refreshing the repo (timed out, offline, etc.)
- Display package actions as icon or text in Settings
- New randomly featured packages on homepage based on the repos you have added
- New news features (grabbed from releases on reddit) in the changes tab