Safari Plus makes Safari iOS Browser great againkuba - Saturday, 28 March 2020
Safari Plus is the best Safari browser addon for iOS firmware. This free tweak for jailbreak devices adds useful features to the iOS mobile browser including download manger, gestures, biometric protection, and much more. Download Safari Plus from Cydia Repo for iOS 8, 9, 10, 11 12, and iOS 13.
What is Safari Plus?
Safari mobile browser lacks some features, especially on older iOS devices. That's where Safari Plus comes into play. The free browser tweak features a lot of options, starting from small usability improvements to extensive new features. Additionally, it also adds several options to customize Safari.
After installing Safari Plus, a dedicated preference pane is added to Settings app. From here access tweak configuration settings and toggled on or off on demand all settings. The tweak is available as an open-source project via GitHub for those interested in learning more about how it works.
All settings for Safari mobile browser are available in five different sections like Privacy, Uploads & Downloads, Usability, Actions, Gestures, and Customisations. The private mode offers an option to use Touch ID or Face ID verification to switch browsing modes.
Download Manager enhancements Safari to download files, and there is also an option to upload any file from system root file system directly on the mobile browser. Download will continue in the background. If you will kill the app download will pause and resume on the next start of the browser.
Install Safari Plus Repo
Step 1. Open the Cydia app on your device.
Step 2. Tap Sources → Edit → Add the official Safari Plus Repo.
Step 3. Switch to Search Tab and enter Safari Plus tweak.
Step 4. Tap the Install button.
Step 5. The tweak can be configured from Settings → Safari Plus.
Safari Plus features
- Globally enforce HTTPS
- Locked Tabs - Adds a lock-switch to every tab inside the tab switcher that, when enabled, prevents the specific tab from being closed until the switch is disabled again
- Biometric Protection - Require Touch ID or Face ID verification for switching browsing modes, locking tabs, unlocking tabs or accessing locked tabs
Uploads & Downloads
- Download Manager - Extensive enhancements to the downloading functionality of Safari, check out the preference page for more detailed info
- Upload Any File - An additional option to the document sheet that can be used to upload any file on your root file system
- Both Link Opening Options - Have the "Open in Background" option and the "Open in New Tab" option available alongside each other
- Open in Opposite Mode Option - Adds an option to open a long pressed URL in the respective other browsing mode
- Desktop Mode Switch - A switch inside tab switcher that can be used to toggle desktop mode on / off globally
- Tab Manager - An easy way to batch-export, batch-close and batch-add tabs
- Disable Tab Limit - Disables the default tab limit (varies between devices)
- Always Open Links in New Tab (+ Option to always open in background)
- Fully Disable Private Browsing
- Insert Suggestion on Long Press - Insert a search suggestion into the URL bar by long pressing it
- Suggestion Insert Button - Insert a search suggestion into the URL bar by pressing a button on the right of it
- Show Tab Count - Shows the tab count on the button that opens the tab switcher
- Fullscreen Scrolling - Hide the top bar when scrolling down
- Lock Bars - Lock the top and buttom bar into place while scrolling
- Show Full Site URL - Always show the full URL in the top bar
- Suppress Mailto Dialog (on iOS 10 and above)
- Change Browsing Mode on App Start, App Resume, External Link Opened
- Auto-Clear Browser Data on Minimization or Close of Safari
- Auto Close Tabs on Minimazion or Close of Safari
- URL Bar Swipe Left, Right, Down Gestures
- Many available actions to trigger
- Toolbar Swipe Left, Right, Up / Down Gestures
- Color Settings for Top Toolbar, Bottom Toolbar and Tab Switcher for both normal and private browsing modes
- Change the button order of the Top and Bottom Toolbars (also includes additional buttons)
- Custom User Agent - Change the user agent for both mobile and desktop mode
- Custom Start Site - Change the default favorites view when opening a new tab to a specified URL
- Custom Start Engine - Change the search engine of Safari to any URL
- Added full support for iOS 13.4
- Fix mobileprovision profiles not being installable when 'Download Manager' is enabled
- Reduce memory usage when merging movpkg files significantly, fixes the entire system freezing on checkra1n when merging bigger files
- Movpkg merging now supports movpkg files that contain more than one track, the tracks will be saved to separate files
- Added an option inside tweak specific settings to disable pull to refresh inside the file browser
- Color settings have been reimplemented and reenabled on iOS 13, now with light/dark mode support
- Fix some legibility issues with dark mode on iOS 13
- Fix some features like previewing files and saving videos to camera roll being broken on checkra1n due to incomplete/inconsistent sandbox patches
- Fix RocketBootstrap error alert not appearing on iOS 13
- Fix some crashes related to video downloading on iOS 13
- Fix mode switch actions not working in some cases on iOS 13
- Fix video downloading sometimes receiving the wrong URL
- Internal code improvements