Are you looking forward to buying a used iPhone, but the thought of using is pre-owned device makes you second guess your decision?
Well, be worried anymore.
Cus in today’s article we will be discussing why buying a refurbished iPhone could be a good investment. Plus, we will also be sharing a few tips that will help you whilst choosing a new device.
Thus, without any further ado.
Let us begin…
Why a refurbished iPhone could be a good investment?
There is no comparison between buying a brand new iPhone and a used one.
Everything in the newer device will be better. From performance to Apple Care protection. Buying a new iPhone is always the more sensible choice.
But, what if you don’t have so much more yet, you want to get an iPhone?
That’s where refurbished and pre-owned devices come into play.
Here are a few reasons why a refurbished iPhone could give better value for money.
1. The Device is thoroughly restored
No matter where you get a refurbished device. We can guarantee you that it will be thoroughly restored.
Most devices that are refurbished usually go through a strict process of cleaning, processing, and inspection before they can be listed for selling. Thus, there is little to no chance you will get a crappy device, provided you buy it from a trusted retailer.
Refurbished iPhones are much cheaper than a new iPhone.
Due to its pre-owned status, most refurbished devices are sold for nearly 50-60% of their original price.
This in turn becomes a huge factor for people who want to buy an iPhone for less money.
3. Apple Care/ Retailer’s Protection
On paper a brand new iPhone can have anywhere between one year to 3 years warranty, depending upon the series and model.
But, refurbished iPhones don’t fall back in this race.
You can easily get up to 6-8 months of Apple Care or Retailer’s Warranty on a refurbished iPhone. Plus, refurbished devices while showing signs of slowing down after weeks of purchase can still be returned without any fees or deductions.
4. Resale value
iPhones are one of the very few devices that retain their market despite their age.
Unlike Android devices that usually sell for 40-50% of their retail price, an iPhone can be sold for around 60-70% of its original price, provided the device is in impeccable condition.
5. Great Deals
Most trusted retailers who are experts in selling refurbished products often give out lucrative deals to lure in customers.
Thus, you can easily buy a refurbished iPhone along with an AirPod or say MagSafe for a very good price.
Things you should look out for whilst buying a refurbished iPhone
- The manufacturer date and original retail receipt(if available).
- The condition of the device, especially on the power button, audio outlets, and charging ports.
- The IPSC seal,
- The screen of the device, especially around the corners.
- The accessories that come with the device like Charger or headphones.
- The credibility of the retailer in the market, a trusted retailer will only give you proper devices with an extended warranty and cashback policy.
- Any combo offer that’s available with the refurbished device.
Most trusted retailers to buy refurbished iPhone
- Apple Store(yes they now keep refurbished devices)
- Amazon Renewed( very highly rated)
- T-Mobile(might not be available in certain parts of Asia)
- Flipkart Refurbished. (most popular e-commerce website in India)
- Any trusted local retailer.
Retailers to avoid whilst buying a refurbished iPhone
- eBay(filled with frauds)
- Wish.com(most devices they sell are pointless)
- Any local vendor whose shop has not been open for very long.
And, that’s all you need to know whilst buying a refurbished iPhone.
Hope you liked the article. We will be back soon with other fun hacks and tutorials, until then. Stay Tuned, Good Day!