Any Apple iPhone or iPad user will tell you that their device’s Home Screen is sort of boring. You will notice that on the Home Screen, the apps have individual icons that designate the app’s name as well. And well, it is no surprise that Apple doesn’t offer any customization option to the users to change the look of these Home Screen’s app icon labels.
The only possible customization that can be done by the users is to switch the icon label color between black and white by changing the Home Screen’s wallpaper color. And the users can also embolden the icons on the Home Screen by enabling the bold text feature for the entire device.
So, if you are looking for a smooth and effective way to personalize the Home Screen’s app icon label that Apple is not able to provide natively, then you can check out the newly released jailbreak tweak. Labels+ is a new jailbreak tweak that was developed by the iOS developer Sirius24 and gives the Home Screen customization options to the user to make their device stand out from other iPhone users. With Labels+, you get a lot of customization options that can be used to change the look and the feel of your device’s Home Screen app icon labels.
You can use this tweak to change the position of the labels of the app icon, the text color, and so on. In fact, you can also easily add a solid or gradient background to the app label. There are a lot of customization options that are bound to interest you when using this tweak.
Once you install Labels+, you get a dedicated preference pane added in the Settings from where you can configure the tweak to your liking. You can perform the following configurations on Labels+:
- Turn on or off Labels+ whenever you want
- Select custom color for the app icon label
- Turn on or off the label notification animations.
- Select a label notification animation such as blink or fade
- Hide the notification when the app icon label animates
- Enable or disable the background colors of the app label
- Select a background color for the Home Screen app labels
- Select a background color for the foldered apps
- Enable or disable clear background
- Enable or disable adaptive background-color
- Enable or disable label borders
- Select a label border color for the Home Screen apps
- Select a label border color for the foldered apps
- Customize the width of the label borders
- Select a position for the app icon label
- Turn on or off the label glow.
- Choose a glow color for the app icon labels.
- Customize the glow radius
- And many more
After you have made the desired changes to the preference pane, you can save your changes by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. If you don’t do that, then your changes won’t be appended.
Customizing the app icon label is not a priority for most iPhone users, but it is definitely a great way to achieve a unique Home Screen appearance. And the best part is that this tweak works well with other Home Screen modification tweaks as well.
If you are interested in giving Labels+ a try, then you can purchase it for $0.99 from the Packix repository. This tweak is currently supported on jailbroken iOS 12, 13, and 14 devices. Moreover, there is a 24-hour refund policy in case you don’t like it.
Let us know in the comments what you think about Labels+ and if you are going to give it a try!