Jailbreak tweaks of the week: Kumquat, Sleepizy 2, Vinculum 2, & more.
Amid the recent lull in jailbreak progress, it appears that a slew of interesting jailbreak tweaks has been published.
To make sure you don't skip a beat, we're back this Sunday morning with a full rundown of anything new in the jailbreak world, including tweak releases and recent developments.
We'll go over all of the most recent tidbits released between Monday, May 10th, and Sunday, May 16th in this roundup. As normal, we'll begin by highlighting our favorite releases, followed by an overview of everything else in an easy-to-digest format.
The Top Jailbreak Releases of the Week
Hinata is a fresh and free jailbreak modification that transforms every jailbroken iPhone into a Samsung Galaxy-style Lock Screen.
In our full analysis, we go over everything there is to know about Hinata and where you can get it.
Kumquat is a fresh and free jailbreak tweak that allows jailbreakers to customize their Now Playing widget and gain access to more Control Center Now Playing module features.
You will find your perfect setup with this tweak, whether you prefer a small, medium, or large Now Playing GUI or whether you prefer some elements to appear on it instead of others.
In our full review, you will read more about Kumquat's capabilities.
Sleepizy 2 ($1.99)
Setting a timer with music playback on your iPhone is one of the things you can do to fall asleep to your music. The music ends when the timer runs out.
Sleepizy 2 is an excellent place to start if you want more influence over how you fall asleep to music. The tweak can use a number of tracks instead of a timer, or it can do things when playback ends that aren't normally possible on a stock handset.
Vinculum 2 ($0.99)
Vinculum 2, which provides a sleek new way to access the App Library on iOS 14 devices, is the last of our favorite tweaks this week.
Instead of swiping to the right of the Home Screen, you can swipe up on the Dock on the Home Screen.
Other Releases of the Week
- Green Pass: This allows you to use an Activator gesture to show any picture (free via Packix repository)
- NCHeaderPercent: Displays the current battery percentage in Notification Center's headers (free via BigBoss repository)
- NoInAppSafari: In apps, disables the in-app web browser, requiring users to use the native Safari app instead (free via cadoth repository)
- NotiCut: Create shortcuts directly from push notifications (available for free from the AnthoPak repository).
- SiriSpring: A SnowBoard theme that replaces the respring interface's animated loading circle with a Siri animation inspired by iOS 14 (free via t0mi repository – review).
- SpringCuts: Run shortcuts directly from SpringBoard (available for free from the AnthoPak repository).
Important Jailbreak Tidbits from the Week
- AirTag has been hacked: An AirTag has been successfully pwned by a security researcher, revealing intriguing possibilities.
- checkra1n has been updated: The checkra1n jailbreak has been modified to version 0.12.4, which includes a hot patch for A9X devices.
- Unsigned iOS 14.5: On Monday, Apple stopped signing iOS & iPadOS 14.5, making it impossible for users to downgrade from iOS & iPadOS 14.5.1.
This concludes this week's roundup, but we'll be back in exactly one week with a new piece about the material for the following week.