iMovie was released by Apple 21 years ago. iMovie is a video editing software application with simple and unique tools to edit faster with high efficiency.
Now come to the point of sharing a movie as an MP4 in iMovie on Mac. Before you start sharing the file, you need to understand what an MP4 is.
MP4 or MPEG-4 Part 14 is a standard file for videos and other data such as still images and subtitles. It is easily supported by almost all video players and android and iOS devices.
With the iMovie, you can create or save a project in mp4 format on your iOS device. iMovie also allows its user to save a MOV file and import it as an MP4.
How to share a movie as an MP4 in iMovie on Mac?
Sharing a movie as an MP4 in iMovie on Mac is very easy but be careful to select the right Quality setting.
- Step 1: Click on File and Open the Share menu or from the main project, screen go to the bottom right, click on the three dots, and select share the project.
- Step 2: In the share bar, click on the file option.
- Step 3: Set the format to video and audio. Adjust the Resolution and Compress according to you.
- Step 4: Select the quality of the file. Do not adjust the quality to best; otherwise, it will get formatted as a MOV file.
- Step 5: Proceed by clicking next, select the location of file storage, rename it, and click on the save option.
Sharing a movie as an MP4 in iMovie on Mac is very easy, and these steps will guide you to achieve the process instantly. But if you still face any issues, you can opt for an online file converter.