Adding date and time in the spreadsheet can be very helpful in managing employee record time, tracking weight, activities, work schedule, etc.
Inserting date and time in numbers is very easy and can be used in a formula or for other purposes in a spreadsheet by following these simple steps.
Add date or time in Numbers on Mac
- Step 1: Open the spreadsheet in Numbers or mac and click on the cell where you want to add the date and time.
- Step 2: Click on the table and scroll down and select Insert Current Date or Insert Current Time.
- Step 3: Select the date format manually or set it to automatic.
You can also use shortcut keys to add date or time in Numbers on Mac. Click Control + Command + Shift + D for the current date and to add current time click Control + Command + Shift + T.
Editing date or time in Numbers on Mac
You can edit the cell after following steps 1 and step 2. Use the drop-down box to edit the given data, and you can enter time and data manually.
Add date or time in Numbers on iPhone and iPad
Adding date and time in Numbers on iPhone and iPad can be achieved with only a few taps. Open the spreadsheet in Numbers and select the cell.
Tap on the cell when it appears on the bottom right. Scroll down and add the Current Date or Current Time.
Editing date or time in Numbers on iPhone and iPad
Formatting the Date or Time in Numbers is also very simple and can be achieved by the following steps:
- Step 1: Select the cell in which you want to introduce changes and click on the paintbrush(Format icon) present at the top.
- Step 2: Click in the Format tab and select the Info icon to the right of Date & Time.
- Step 3: Choose the date and time format from the format tab.
Follow the above steps to add and edit time and date in Numbers on Mac or iPhone and iPad. These easy steps will help you introduce immediate changes into your cell and manage it more effectively.