Numbers is a software developed by Apple that resembles Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, but it has multiple unique features. A number is a great software for tracking, analyzing, and evaluating your data.
Adding checkboxes in Numbers
Checkboxes are present everywhere, and they make work fun and simple. Checkboxes help in filling a document without actually typing, and it is easy to evaluate also. A checkbox can be very helpful in a spreadsheet, and to add it, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open your spreadsheet and select the cell where you want to add your checkbox. You can select multiple cells by selecting the first cell and dragging the cursor to the rest, or you can even select the first one and click shift and select the last one.
- Step 2: Click on the Format button present in the toolbar.
- Step 3: Now select the cell from the following options: Table, cell, text, and arrange. Now choose the Checkbox in the Data Format dropdown box.
Your checkbox will be added to your spreadsheet. Empty checkboxes will appear, and now you can add your checkmarks to them.
Adding sliders in Numbers
Sliders are very helpful in a spreadsheet; they allow the user to make instant changes and incremental adjustments. They can quickly affect your data just by sliding up or down.
To add a slider in your numbers spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the spreadsheet and select the cell in which you want to add a slider. You can select multiple cells also.
- Step 2: Click on the Format button present in the toolbar and select Slider or Stepper from the Data Format dropdown box.
- Step 3: After adding the slider, you can adjust its settings by selecting the following things:
1. Minimum, maximum, and increments
3. Decimals and negative numbers
Adding star ratings in Numbers
Star ratings are another cool feature of spreadsheets in Numbers. It is helpful in customer surveys and client forms. To add this feature to your spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the spreadsheet and select the cell.
- Step 2: Click on the Format button present in the toolbar and choose the cell.
- Step 3: Choose Star Rating in the Data Format dropdown box.
These features will help you make your spreadsheet more attractive and simplified. You can easily manage a lot of data in a simple yet smart way by using numbers.