App notifications are great as you receive alerts for new emails, texts, chat apps, news, and a lot more. But let’s face it, these notifications can also be a little distracting, especially if there are too many notifications.
If you are wondering how many notification alerts you receive on each of your devices, then you can do this with the help of Screen Time. In this article, we will teach you how you can easily see the number of app notifications that you are getting on your Mac or iOS with options to make the desired changes.
Check whether Screen Time is Enabled
If your device’s Screen Time is already enabled, then you can simply go to the next section of this guide. However, if you haven’t enabled Screen Time or aren’t sure, then read on to know how you can enable Screen Time and take advantage of its features. Once you enable it, you can check the notification numbers after a day or two.
- To enable Screen Time on your iOS device, open Settings then click on Screen Time and tap on the ‘Turn On Screen Time’ option.
- To enable it on Mac, go to System Preferences then Screen Time, and click on the Turn On button. Select on the Options button that is placed on the bottom left corner to enable Screen Time.
You can also share across devices to sync your Screen Time data. This way, you can view the Screen Time reports on all of your devices. You need to enable the toggle on iOS and then check the box on Mac below it.
View Notifications in Screen Time on iPad and iPhone
If Screen Time is enabled on your device, then you can also view the app notifications that you receive for every app in a day or a week.
- Open Settings and then select Screen Time.
- Next, click on the See All Activity option.
- Now, scroll down to the Notifications section and check the app notifications that you receive on your device each week. Click on the Show More button at the bottom to get additional app alerts.
- If you want to check the notifications received in the previous week, then click on the left arrow that is available on the top bar of the screen.
- If you want to check the notifications received in a day, scroll to the top of the screen and click on the ‘Day’ and choose the desired day.
- If you want to check the notifications for another device, then you can click on the ‘Devices’ option on the top of the screen and choose a particular device or the ‘All Devices’ option.
In the Notifications list, you can check the Notification settings for any app and change the settings. You can disable the notifications for an app or change the alert for it.
View Notifications in Screen Time on Mac
If you have enabled Screen Time on your Mac, then you can easily review the number of app notifications while working as well.
- Open System Preferences and then select Screen Time.
- Choose the username and then click on ‘Notifications’.
- You can check the notifications for the current day. And if you want notifications for the previous day, then you need to click on the left arrow at the top of the screen.
- If you want to see the notifications for the week, then use the drop-down switcher available at the top of the screen.
- If you want to see the notifications for a different device, then click on the drop-down switcher at the bottom of the screen to choose the desired device.
The only thing that you cannot do on Mac is to select an app in the Notifications list to make changes to its settings. You can click on the ‘Show All’ button at the top of the screen and then choose Notifications from the System Preferences menu.
Screen Time is a great way to limit the use of your device so that you live a healthy work-life balance and don’t end up hurting yourself by using too much of the device. So, are you going to be using Screen Time to review your daily or weekly usage?
Let us know in the comments!