Do you have a CarPlay-enabled vehicle? If yes, then you are pretty lucky but I am sure you are also aware of how limited the CarPlay experience can be, especially in terms of personalization.
If you are a jailbreaker who is looking to improve their CarPlay user experience, then you should make the most of this new and free jailbreak tweak that is known as CarPlay++ by iOS developer Dcsyhi offers the users with aesthetics options to improve their CarPlay along with performance-improving options.
If you have noticed a CarPlay-enabled display, then you would find that these supported vehicles usually come with a 2x4 grid icon for a total of 8 icons on the Home Screen. Now, a few users might not be satisfied with this and this is where the CarPlay++ comes into the picture.
Once you install CarPlay++, you have a dedicated preference pane in the Settings app that can be used to easily configure the tweak to suit your liking. Here are a few options for the tweak:
- Enable or disable the CarPlay++ tweak when you want
- Select between two to three icon rows on the Home Screen of CarPlay
- Select between two to three icon columns on the Home Screen of CarPlay
- Hide the app icon labels from the Home Screen of CarPlay
- Hide the label backgrounds from the app icons of the Home Screen of CarPlay
- Select a custom background color for the CarPlay icon label
- Select an image that can be used as the wallpaper of the CarPlay Home Screen
- Select default scaling or fit option
This tweak comes with a wide range of options to personalize the Home Screen of your CarPlay and can be used to add custom backgrounds and colors along with being able to change the layout of the app icons. This way, you can enjoy a denser presentation of the app icons on the CarPlay Home Screen. Basically, there is an option to personalize things here for all kinds of users.
So, if you have a CarPlay-supported vehicle and a jailbroken device that you use, then you should try out the new CarPlay++ jailbreak tweak. You can get this tweak for free from the Twickd repository using your favorite package manager and it also supports jailbroken iOS 13 and 14 devices.
Did you like the features of CarPlay++ that were mentioned above? Are you planning to download this tweak to personalize your vehicle’s CarPlay? Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!