Have you ever wanted to reset your Apple watch? Is it possible to reset the Apple Watch if you forget your passcode? Is resetting an Apple watch a difficult process? If you have these types of questions arising in your mind, you are at the right place.
Today we will broadly talk about the Apple Watch and how to reset/ set it. In the end, we will also discuss a few tips and tricks that will help you with the Apple Watch. So, without wasting any more time. Let us begin.
Resetting an Apple Watch
- Keep your watch charged and put it on the charger until you are done with the following steps.
- Hold down the side button until the “Power Off” option appears on the screen.
- Press hold the Digital Crown button until you see "Erase all settings and content".
- Tap the Reset option twice to confirm your action.
- Wait for the procedure to complete before resetting your Apple Watch. You can restore from a backup if prompted.
All settings and media are erased from your Apple Watch. However, it doesn't remove the Activation Lock. To remove the Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. A backup of your watch's contents is saved on your iPhone before it is deleted.
Resetting an Apple Watch with iPhone
Note:- Your iPhone needs to be paired with the Apple Watch for this process.
- You have to go to the Watch app and then to the My Watch page on your iPhone.
- Reset by going to General > Reset.
- To confirm, hit the Erase Apple Watch Contents and Settings button once again at the bottom of the screen. It's conceivable that your Apple ID password will be required.
- You can choose to keep your cellular plan or cancel it for Apple Watch models that have GPS + Cellular.
- Keep your plan if you wish to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- You can cancel your Apple Watch or iPhone pairing plan if you do not want to do so again. You might contact your carrier to cancel your subscription if you don't intend to pair your Apple Watch with another watch or iPhone. Wait for the procedure to complete before resetting your Apple Watch. If asked, you can restore from a backup.
How to set up an Apple watch?
Follow these simple steps to set an Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Select Start Pairing.
- Place the watch in front of the camera on your phone, so it can see the pattern. Alternatively, choose "Pair Apple Watch Manually" in the Apple Watch app and press the watch's name; you'll be required to input a 6-digit code that displays on the watch.
- Select "Set Up as New Apple Watch" from the Apple Watch app.
- Select your wrist preference — left or right.
- On the Terms and Conditions page, you have to click Agree.
- Fill up your Apple ID.
- Select OK when prompted about Location Services, Siri, and Diagnostics.
- Create a passcode for your watch that is four digits long.
- Choose whether or not you wish to use your iPhone to unlock the Apple Watch. On your watch's display, choose Yes or No.
This is an optional step.
Apple Pay allows you to make mobile payments with your watch, while Emergency SOS is a new function in watchOS 3 that allows you to call 911 and send an alert to designated contacts. This step can be skipped, and these services can be set up later.
Quick Apple Watch tips on how to use the Apple Watch
Changing Apple Watch’s face
Multiple watch faces may be useful for different purposes. One with a simple interface for times when you don’t need it, and the other with a fun display. You can switch between the faces by simply swiping to the left or right.
Switch between apps
Double-tap the Digital Crown to jump back to your last app.
How to muffle an incoming call
To muffle a call that comes in during a meeting, simply cover your Apple Watch with your hands.
How to send a message via text
Open the Apple Watch's messages app. Its icon looks identical to your iPhone's. Next, touch the screen and tap on New Message.
How to get rid of your notifications
To display your notifications, swipe down from the top of the screen. Force Touch the screen and then tap Clear All.
How to activate Siri
Press and hold the Digital Crown to bring up Siri voice commands. You can also raise your wrist to say "Hey Siri".
How to locate your phone
To open the Control Center, swipe up from the watch face. Next, tap the Find Phone icon to the right. The iPhone will make a sound.