Apple ID is the all-in-one utility account for Apple users. With just one Apple ID you can access all features and apps that Apple has to offer. But, what happens when you need to update something?
Updating your Apple ID could be a hassle if you don’t know the right steps. So, in this article, we will talk about - How to Update your Apple ID. So, without further ado. Let us begin...
What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID is a form of identification used only by Apple for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac, as well as other Apple products. Apple IDs save personalized information and preferences for users. Whenever an Apple ID is being used for logging in to an Apple device, the device uses the settings connected to the Apple ID by default.
When you are making your apple id on the portal, Apple delivers a confirmation email to the user's given email address, and the user must click on the URL within the verification email to authorize the account. It is possible to establish an Apple ID without providing credit card information.
Apple ID introduced an additional two-step verification security feature for authentication in March 2013. Once enabled, a second verification step is required when using the Apple ID in specific situations, like logging in to a website or initiating a store purchase of a new device.
When the second verification step is necessary for authentication, the function uses the Find My iPhone service to transmit a four-digit pin number to a trusted device linked with the Apple ID.
Users can utilize various Apple IDs for online purchases, iCloud storage, and other purposes.
How to update your profile and other information on your Apple ID?
You might get tired of the default Apple ID icon if you haven’t previously set one. You might simply want to change to a better and more appealing picture. No matter for what reason, any image stored on your device can be used. These pictures will appear in many apps and services, such as iCloud, Messages Contacts Mail, and Mail.
Updating your profile on your Apple ID
- Follow these steps to get started.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the settings menu and select your Apple ID name at the top.
- Tap on the profile icon just above your name
- You'll now see a popup at the bottom. To browse your photo collection and select the image you wish to use, tap on "Choose a Photo". Here you can also crop the image.
If you aren't currently using an iOS device, you may utilize iCloud.com to change your profile image on any device that has an internet browser. You may update your profile image on a Mac or any other non-Apple device using this alternate and easier way. All changes to your profile photo made using iCloud will be synchronized across all of your devices.
Changing the Credit Card and Billing Address on Apple ID
- To update the credit card associated with your Apple ID for iTunes and App Store purchases on an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings on the home screen.
- Tap your name.
- Select Payment & Shipping
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password
- To add a new credit card, tap Add a Payment Method.
- Tap either a credit/debit card or PayPal to add a new method of payment.
- The name, card number, and expiration date of the cardholder are all necessary.
- Return to the Payment & Shipping screen by tapping Done.
- If you don't have one, add it in the Shipping Address section and then click done.
And just like that, you can update every detail in your Apple ID. But, be sure to not add any such pictures and other forms of visual media that can directly treat your privacy.
Hope we could be of some help. If you liked the article give us a thumbs up and don’t forget to come back for more great content. Good Day!