AltStore is one of the still-working tools used to install IPA files on iOS 13. Cydia Impactor isn't working with free certificates to sideload apps and games on your iPhone, iPod, and iPad, but AltStore 1.3 fixes this issue. Moreover, the app source code is used by tools like AltDeploy and nullxImpactor.
What is AltStore?
AltStore Windows is an iOS app that allows you to install IPA onto your iOS device using your Apple ID and password. Due to the licensing of some dependencies (created by @saurik) used by AltStore the developer distributed the software under the AGPLv3 license (open source).
Using the software you can resign and install any app with your Apple ID, upload apps over WiFi using AltServer, refresh apps periodically in the background to prevent them from expiring (when on the same WiFi as AltServer), and also handle all app updates through AltStore for Windows and Mac.
The official AltStore Beta isn't available for free for the public and only after supporting Riley Testut on Patreon you can access the newest compiled build. Why it is important to use the latest AltStore Beta? Starting from version 1.3 b2 you can sign and install any IPA file on iOS 13 and iOS 12 firmware.
Free development certificate allows you to install up to 3 apps per device and sign no more than 10 ID's. Every 7 days after signing, you will have to connect your iPhone to your PC and repeat the install process. The beta also offers the ability to activate and deactivate apps just by dragging and dropping.
Since version 1.3, AltStore and AltServer are released with public support for installing custom IPA files containing apps and games. Download an IPA file from Safari and share it to AltStore to install it, or select the file from iCloud drive in the "My Apps" tab. Windows 10 and macOS versions are available.
Step 2. Extract the downloaded “AltServer.zip”.
Step 3. Open AltServer.exe.
AltStore Beta for Windows
Because AltStore and AltServer are released as an open-source project @Thunder7yoshi compiled AltStore Windows for everyone interested to use the Beta version with support for signing IPA files, and add own sources on iOS. After installation, the app will appear as an icon in the Notification Area.
Step 1. Download AltServer Beta for Windows.
Step 2. Extract the downloaded “AltServer.Beta.Build.rar” file with PeaZIP.
Step 3. Provide the password "Thunder7yoshi" to extract all files.
Install AltStore on iPhone
AltStore is just a sandboxed iOS app that includes all the logic for downloading and updating apps through AltStore to AltServer and sending them back to the device.
Step 1. Download iTunes for Windows (not the Microsoft Store).
Step 2. Download iCloud for Windows (not the Microsoft Store).
Step 3. Launch AltServer by double-clicking on "AltServer" file.
Step 4. Connect your device to the computer via USB.
Step 5. Trust your iPhone with your computer (if needed).
Step 6. Open iTunes and enable iTunes Wi-Fi sync for your iPhone.
Step 7. Click the AltServer icon in the Notification Area, click “Install AltStore”.
Step 8. Enter your Apple ID and password.
Step 9. Wait a few seconds, then AltStore will be installed on your device.
Step 10. Navigate to Settings → General → Device Management.
Step 11. Trust the newly installed certificate named [Your Apple ID].
How to install Apps with AltStore
AltStore resigns apps with your free development certificate and sends them to the AltServer app, which installs the resigned apps back to your device using iTunes WiFi sync. To prevent apps from expiring, AltStore can refresh in the background apps when using the same WiFi network.
Step 1. Open AltStore Beta app on your device.
Step 2. Navigate to "My Apps" section.
Step 3. Click the + button to sign and install IPA file.
Step 4. Select the IPA package with an app.
- Adds support for deactivating apps with AltStore 1.3.4.
- Fixes wired connections failing to time out.
- Added support for iOS 13.5.
- fixed "App ID already registred" and other errors when updating DolphiniOS
- display grand permission alert that lists all private permission when installing an app that uses them.
- adds support for installing apps using @s1guza ’s new Psychic Paper exploit. This means sideloaded apps can now access files outside the sandbox, run indefinitely in the background, use JIT, etc. without jailbreaking.
- Dramatically faster app refresh times
- Support for (de-)activating apps on iOS 13.3.1 and later (requires AltStore 1.3)
- Improved error messages for common issues
AltStore 1.3 beta 3
- Bugfix release for Windows with new version of AltServer
- Adds search bar in Browse tab
- Adds Visual Studio App Center analytics for automatic crash reporting
- Deactivates beta apps once you are no longer a Patreon
- Removed "Sideloading in Beta" alert
- Fixes sideloading apps from News Tab
AltStore 1.3 beta 2
- Adds the ability to activate and deactivate apps
- Adds support for iOS 13.3.1 and iOS 13.4
- Adds support for multiple “sources”, which provide AltStore with a list of apps
- Fix installing more than 3 apps on iOS 13.3 and below
If you have any questions regarding the application feel free to leave a comment below or visit the official discord server. We always try to help and answer all your questions.