Start jAlbum download now, for free!
What is jAlbum?
jAlbum is a simple tool designed to create professional photo galleries for the Web. The program offers a database with access to hundreds of ready-made albums that can be customized to suit your needs.
The application is very simple to use. Transferring and cataloging of photographs is done via drag and drop. User apart from choosing the topic graphic also has full control over the appearance of the generated album. Among the available options, we can change colors, add descriptions, choose the number of pictures and thumbnails that appear on the page, and finally send the created albums to FTP servers.
jAlbum also offers a number of features responsible for basic editing and processing photographs. In Edit mode you're able to view your photos in larger size, add captions and apply various filters. Adjust your images with the Crop and Straighten tool, fine tune with Gamma and Level or apply various artistic filters. You can even add text to your images, e.g. for the purpose of watermarking. Note, your originals will be never touched, only the downscaled version in the final album.
jAlbum also supports video. Using the application, we can quickly create a professional video gallery content recorded in MP4 format. The program offers the ability to convert more than 160 file formats to the format supported by most browsers and mobile devices.
You can download jAlbum 17.1.1 for Windows Mac, and Linux.
New features and improvements added to the newest version of software are available in jAlbum changelog where you can find all highlights from the official release notes.
- Completely rewritten review mode featuring thumbnail navigation, image zooming and multiple image comparison (1-6 images)
- Way faster and better behaving zoom control installed in both Edit and Review mode
- Better integration with Review mode and Explorer and Edit mode (hit Space to review selected image(s))
- Reads EXIF metadata from video files as well (MP4 and MOV)
- Supports camera date/creation date for mp4 and mov videos too
- Has new "Disable color subsampling" option under Settings-Images-Advanced. Will produce even better looking JPEGs when checked. Currently only applies to images with compression quality >= 90. Disabling chroma/color subsampling increases file size about 17% but doubles the horizontal and vertical color resolution of images. See this article
- Explore mode adjusted for lower CPU usage = better performance
- Now runs on Open Java 11 on all platforms. Earlier, the Mac version was using Oracle's Java 8 and Windows version using Java 9. With Java 11, Oracle's Java is under a commercial license. We therefore moved to the open source "Open JDK 11", which should be working as well by now.
- Remembers width of folder property panel if "Remember last window position and size" is checked under Preferences
- All versions has reduced footprint due to removal of unneeded Java code
- Default video resolution for generated videos bumped from 480p to 720p
- Now capable of correctly importing incorrectly written Windows comments and titles
- Rewritten Mac file chooser integration (runs on Java 9+)
- Embedded browser now accepts all certificates (avoids certificate related errors)
- Moved "Clear project list" to top and added confirmation dialog
- Updated bundled Tiger, Zigzag and Minimal skins
- Fixed Location editor (updated to newer Google Map APIs
- Projects zipped on Windows could only be unzipped on Windows
- Improved rendering of cropped images in Edit mode
- Fixed problem when skin hints were ignored when switching to same-family skins when no project is open
- The crop focus plugin didn't respect custom theme image ratios
- Explore view would incorrectly scroll to the top then objects were added via file selector
- Fixed bug in project importer. Wouldn't handle albums with more than 2 folder levels
- Various bug fixes
- Would throw IOException when generating albums made purely of non re-encoded videos
- Hopefully fixed issue where recent project list could get cleared accidentally