DisplayCAL the calibration software.
DisplayCAL (dispcalGUI) is a GUI for the display calibration and profiling tools from an open-source color management system - Argyll CMS. The software offers support of colorimeter corrections for different display device types to increase the accuracy of colorimeters.
Download DisplayCAL for Windows, Linux, or Mac and start your monitor calibration for free. The app works on a 64 and 32-bit system and was tested to operate from Windows XP and up to Windows 10, Linux, and Mac OSX 10.7 and above. Always be sure to download the latest version of the program.
DisplayCAL is a display calibration and profiling solution with a focus on accuracy and versatility. The software uses ArgyllCMS, an open source color management system, to create calibrations and profiles, take measurements, and for a variety of other advanced color related tasks. ArgyllCMS is automatically downloaded when DisplayCAL starts. dispcalGUI can be downloaded for free. Windows, Linux, and Mac are supported.
Using the software you can calibrate and characterize your display devices using one of many supported measurement instruments. With support for multi-display setups and a variety of available options for advanced users, such as verification and reporting functionality to evaluate ICC profiles and display devices, creating video 3D LUTs, as well as optional CIECAM02 gamut mapping to take into account varying viewing conditions.
Moreover, DisplayCAL features include the option to import corrections from vendor software or created from measurements if a spectrometer is available, check display device uniformity via measurements, create synthetic ICC profiles with custom primaries and create charts with any amount and composition of color patches.
DisplayCAL supported colorimeters
- CalMAN X2 (treated as i1 Display 2)
- Datacolor/ColorVision Spyder 2
- Datacolor Spyder 3 (since ArgyllCMS 1.1.0)
- Datacolor Spyder 4 (since ArgyllCMS 1.3.6)
- Datacolor Spyder 5 (since ArgyllCMS 1.7.0)
- Hughski ColorHug (Linux support since ArgyllCMS 1.3.6, Windows support with newest ColorHug firmware since ArgyllCMS 1.5.0, fully functional Mac support since ArgyllCMS 1.6.2)
- Hughski ColorHug2 (since ArgyllCMS 1.7.0)
- Image Engineering EX1 (since ArgyllCMS 1.8.0)
- Klein K10-A (since ArgyllCMS 1.7.0. The K-1, K-8 and K-10 are also reported to work)
- Lacie Blue Eye (treated as i1 Display 2)
- Sencore ColorPro III, IV & V (treated as i1 Display 1)
- Sequel Imaging MonacoOPTIX/Chroma 4 (treated as i1 Display 1)
- X-Rite Chroma 5 (treated as i1 Display 1)
- X-Rite ColorMunki Create (treated as i1 Display 2)
- X-Rite ColorMunki Smile (since ArgyllCMS 1.5.0)
- X-Rite DTP92
- X-Rite DTP94
- X-Rite/GretagMacbeth/Pantone Huey
- X-Rite/GretagMacbeth i1 Display 1
- X-Rite/GretagMacbeth i1 Display 2/LT (the HP DreamColor/Advanced Profiling Solution versions of the instrument are also reported to work)
- X-Rite i1 Display Pro, ColorMunki Display (since ArgyllCMS 1.3.4. The HP DreamColor, NEC SpectraSensor Pro and SpectraCal C6 versions of the instrument are also reported to work)