Catalyst Production Suite 2019 offers a great video editing tool Catalyst Edit and an app designed to manage and convert video files Catalyst Prepare. Both applications are available for Windows and Mac OS.Read more
New features and improvements added to the newest version of software are available in the Catalyst Production Suite changelog, where you can find all highlights from this release.
Catalyst Production Suite 2018.2
- Added support for DXVA2 decoding of AVC/H.264 clips on NVIDIA GPUs that utilize DXVA2 decoding. Supported computers will see improved processing performance for decoding AVC/H.264 video files.
- Right-clicking a marker now displays the Marker popup.
- The Waveform/Histogram/Vectorscope monitors now stack vertically in the Video window when using Split or 2 Up preview mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when opening XAVC Intra clips with 24- or 32-channel audio.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when reading some AVC clips with malformed metadata.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when using an Intel video processing device.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Catalyst Render Process to remain running in the background, preventing further render operations, after canceling an XDCAM IMX render.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to open the previously opened project when double-clicking a project file.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the S and Ctrl+B shortcuts from splitting clips in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a video plug in color picker from sampling red.
- Fixed a display inconsistency that could occur when adjusting positioning controls in video effects.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the marker name from being copied in the Marker popup in some cases (macOS only).
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from copying and pasting video effect position rectangles between clips.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent scrolling in the Audio channels section of the Render Project dialog.
- Fixed a bug that could cause audio distortion in clips with 24-bit, big-endian format audio.
- Fixed a bug that would cause incorrect color management for non-RAW video files that indicate linear gamma.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some plug-ins from recognizing a comma as a decimal separator in localized versions of the application.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Mute button on a track to be deselected after clicking the Solo button.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the Project menu from displaying correctly when the secondary preview window was enabled (macOS only).
- Fixed a bug that prevented the loop bar from being displayed when double-clicking some long clips.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the timeline to scroll unexpectedly in some cases after scrolling and zooming.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent you from adjusting clip fades after changing the rate of the clip in some cases.
Other software you can like