Vivaldi 2.0 with Sync, Resizable Tab Tiling and over 1.500 improvementskuba - Wednesday, 26 September 2018
Vivaldi Technologies released today the most powerful version of Vivaldi Browser yet. The update offers Sync, Resizable Tab Tiling, Floating Web Panels and over 1.500 improvements since the 1st version of Vivaldi.
What’s new in Vivaldi 2.0?
With 2.0 update you’ll notice an refresh to the Vivaldi's interface. More than just a facelift, the developer brought in a smoother onboarding experience, as well as refreshed theme options and a host of new background image options to get you started. The strength of Vivaldi is in its features and customizability. This is reflected in the Settings, where you can not only change the browser’s look but the layout of its elements like position the tab bar vertically and display the address bar at the bottom (or not at all), adjust default zoom levels and view clutter-free web pages using Reader View, toggle adaptive Themes that change color in tune with the website being viewed, schedule Themes to change throughout the day, customize Speed Dials, Start Page backgrounds and Window Background Images.
When you will activate Vivaldi Sync in Settings you will have option to access all data across computers seamlessly and securely using your Vivaldi account. You can choose which data to sync, including your Bookmarks and Speed Dials, saved passwords and autofill information, History (with only typed Urls), extensions and, uniquely, Notes. Vivaldi 2.0 offers a powerful tab management system where you can group tabs into Tab Stacks, search for an open tab using Quick Commands and rename Tab Stacks . Of course, there is also an option to pin, drag, hibernate and mute tabs as needed.
All features available in Vivaldi 2.0 are available on official home page, but the most exacting new features added to Vivaldi can be found below.
- [New feature] Implement Syncing of Bookmarks, settings, etc.
- [New feature] Add options to support for floating/overlay panels
- [New feature] Make tiled tabs resizable
- [New feature] List layout for Visual tab cycler
- [New feature] Add predefined shortcuts for moving tabs left and right: Windows/Linux = “Ctrl+Shift+PgUp/PgDn”; macOS = “⌘+⇧+↑/↓”
- [New feature] Tile new tabs in a tab stack
- [New feature] Holding Command/Control opens new tab on history buttons
- [New feature] Web panel suggestions with favicons
- [New feature] More Speed dial suggestions by using favicons
- [New feature] New 2.0 Welcome Page
- [New feature] Updated Default Themes for 2.0: Added “Vivaldi” as our new default theme, replaced “Redmond” with “Beach”
- [New feature] Minimum active tab width setting