Start OptiKey download now, for free!
What is OptiKey?
OptiKey is a on-screen keyboard designed to be used with a low cost eye-tracking device to bring keyboard control, mouse control and speech to people with motor and speech limitations.
It works out of the box once you have your eye-tracking device installed and allows selections to be made using dwell selection, as well as physical buttons and assistive devices. If you do not have an eye tracking device you can also use OptiKey with a mouse or your webcam.
OptiKey can be used as an alternative to a physical keyboard, allowing user to type into any application. OptiKey can also automatically insert spaces between words and capitalise letters to increase your typing rate. You can even type whole words and phrases in a single selection by "swiping" or using "auto-complete".
OptiKey can replace your mouse, allowing you to click, scroll and drag with precision anywhere on the screen. The app was written to challenge the outrageously expensive, unreliable and difficult to use AAC (alternative and augmentative communication) products on the market.
You can download OptiKey 2.20.0 for Windows .
New features and improvements added to the newest version of software are available in OptiKey changelog where you can find all highlights from the official release notes.
- Ukrainian support
- Issue where certain characters with diacritic marks (e.g. Russian and Ukrainian characters with characters) were being treated as multiple characters, resulting in unwanted auto spaces being added
- New Plugins engine - control your home automation systems, launch programs, visit websites and more from customisable keys on dynamic keyboards
- Adds German-language simplified and alphabetical keyboards, including conversation keyboards
- Adds a backspace key to simplified keyboards in English and Turkish
- Eliminates highlighting of both the home key and the back key simultaneously on simplified keyboards, by creating an extra function key
- Removes warning that calibration cannot be completed without manual intervention for most Tobii devices as this is no longer the case
- Adds ? and ! to Portuguese keyboard
- Adds shift aware option for dynamic keyboards
- Toggle Off Multikey Selection When Using Simplified Keyboard
- Adds a Restart key to the right click context menu (it can also be used in dynamic keyboards)